The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for board of directors.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Supervises the development of operations-based financial modeling.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
- Approves major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Executive Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
Ready for your job description to do some good?
Writing a great job posting is just one aspect of finding the best executive director for your non-profit. Check out Staffer.cc for help with the hiring and interviewing process.