Finance Directors are tasked with overseeing all financial activities, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, disbursing funds to departments, managing risk, implementing policies, and improving financial processes.
Finance Director Job Responsibilities:
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
- Overseeing audit and tax functions.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Training accounting staff.
- Reviewing departmental budgets.
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk.
- Analyzing complex financial data.
- Managing internal controls.
Finance Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Financial management experience.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Good communication skills.
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple language
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Ready for your job description to do some good?
Writing a great job posting is just one aspect of finding the best finance director for your non-profit. Check out Staffer.cc for help with the hiring and interviewing process.