The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. Major areas of oversight include: recruiting and staffing, organizational and space planning, performance management and improvement systems, employee relations.
Human Resources Director Responsibilities:
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Interviews management- and executive-level candidates; serves as an interviewer for position finalists.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
Human Resources Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
Ready for your job description to do some good?
Writing a great job posting is just one aspect of finding the best human resources director for your non-profit. Check out Staffer.cc for help with the hiring and interviewing process.