The Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. They will lead the efforts of the marketing team and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Marketing Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage monthly report of ROI (Return on Investment) on Marketing and Communication efforts
- Work directly with Development Director to identify and execute project needs and specifications
- Brief Development Director on design, copy, image, and content needs for promotional and fundraising
- Create and maintain marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Work with publication vendors for timely ad submissions
- Design and create ads to help support departmental marketing needs
- Create and distribute press releases, media relations content, bi-annual newsletter content and speaking proposals
- Promote the organization through public relations initiatives
Marketing Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the marketing and/or communications field.
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with persons of varying personality types and position levels; and provides great customer experiences to all stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and an enthusiastic practitioner of these crafts.
- Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple project of varying complexity concurrently and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-organizationally.
- High level of flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
- Proficient in variety of software.
- Good graphic eye
- Results-oriented, positive attitude, self-starter, diplomatically assertive, high energy, well organized and detail oriented.
Ready for your job description to do some good?
Writing a great job posting is just one aspect of finding the best marketing director for your non-profit. Check out Staffer.cc for help with the hiring and interviewing process.