A Director of Operations manages an organization's operations. They play a leading role in creating and overseeing organization's customer retention initiatives. To be successful in this role you will ensure quality of operations and customer service, inspire staff to give their all, and expand the company's footprint and strengthen their reputation.
Operations Director Responsibilities:
- Playing a leading role in compiling company budget and growth strategy.
- Executing strategies to optimize company and asset growth.
- Ensuring expertise and effectiveness across operating platforms.
- Creating strategies to challenge theft and stock losses, and implementing initiatives to reduce company costs.
- Creating financial reports.
- Managing money handling, accounting and bank processes.
- Driving employees and leading performance reviews, to ensure engaged and skilled workforce.
- Initiating better business practices.
- Collaborating with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Ensuring adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and customer expectations.
Operations Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- 5+ years experience managing a complex enterprise's human resources, finances, operations or strategies.
- Proven ability of managing budgets in a similar role.
- Proficient operational and financial acumen.
- Strong ethical leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to make projections three years into the future.
Ready for your job description to do some good?
Writing a great job posting is just one aspect of finding the best operations director for your non-profit. Check out Staffer.cc for help with the hiring and interviewing process.