Are you looking to hire a fundraising development director for your nonprofit? These interview questions will help you through the hiring process and find the right fundraising executive for your organization.
- Many people interested in working in a nonprofit want to avoid being a fundraiser. What draws you to fundraising? Why are you interested in this career?
- What fundraising channels do you have the most expertise in?
- What is the largest donation ask you’ve ever presented to a potential donor? Did you get it? Why did the donor give or why didn’t the donor give?
- What do you love about this organization?
- What will it take to get millennials to give more?
- Tell me about a fundraising campaign you’ve managed.
- Imagine you have a long-term employee on staff working with your major donors. He’s a “nice guy” but doesn’t meet fundraising quota. What do you do?
- How do you like to be managed?
- In a previous role, how did your leadership help the organization grow?
- In your role as director, how do you help the organization meet its goals?
If you’re looking for help through the hiring and interviewing process, check out Staffer.cc!