Are you looking to hire a fundraising development director for your nonprofit? These interview questions will help you through the hiring process and find the right fundraising executive for your organization.
Many people interested in working in a nonprofit want to avoid being a fundraiser. What draws you to fundraising? Why are you interested in this career?
- What fundraising channels do you have the most expertise in?
- What is the largest donation ask you’ve ever presented to a potential donor? Did you get it? Why did the donor give or why didn’t the donor give?
- What do you love about this organization?
- What will it take to get millennials to give more?
- Tell me about a fundraising campaign you’ve managed.
- Imagine you have a long-term employee on staff working with your major donors. He’s a “nice guy” but doesn’t meet fundraising quota. What do you do?
- How do you like to be managed?
- In a previous role, how did your leadership help the organization grow?
- In your role as director, how do you help the organization meet its goals?
If you’re looking for help through the hiring and interviewing process, check out Staffer.cc!